Sunday, September 2, 2012

Rocky Mountain Hi

The hubs and I decided to make use of our national parks pass this weekend and did a last minute drive up trailridge road in RMNP. Beings that it had been record heat in Denver I dressed in my sanuks not fully prepared for the sudden chill when we decided to walk hike along the trail on top.  In other words we kept it short and quick.  Well not only was I not prepared for the weather, but we also got lucky on the wildlife viewing front.  Make our way to the exit not only did we spot a moose, but a herd of elk with a nicely racked bull bugling and keeping everyone in line. It was absolutely incredible to witness. I was definitely happy to not only be there, but pumped that I happened to have my camera as well.  






No comments:

Post a Comment